1. How many hours do I have for my reception?
2. What is the rental fee and what does it include?
3. Can you accomodate my budget?
4. Do you have a minimum guest requirement
5. Can you accommodate my wedding ceremony? Is there a separate ceremony fee?
6. What happens if there is inclement weather?
7. Who will I work with to plan my wedding?
8. Can I bring my own food or alcohol?
9. Can I taste the food?
10. How many guests can you accommodate?
11. How do I reserve a date?
12. What decisions do I need to make before I book?
13. What forms of payment do you accept?
How many hours do I have for my reception?
Our afternoon rates are based on a 3-hour reception and our evening rates are based on a 4-hour reception. Typically our afternoon events end by 3:30pm and our evening events start after 6:00pm. You may add additional time if you desire a longer reception. And depending on our event schedule, we can work with you on setting the best times.
What is the rental fee and what does it include?
Our rates vary based on the date and time of the event. We offer discounted rates in our off-peak months and we run special rates throughout the year. And since we have two distinct venues on our property, we can provide options for any budget. When you get in touch with us, our Director of Sales will work with you to create an event plan that works within your budget.
Our rental rate includes:
- Tables (60” Rounds, Cocktail Rounds and Cabaret Tables)
- Dance Floor
- Gold Chivari Chairs (Payne-Corley House) and Ballroom Chairs (Magnolia Cottage)
- White Satin Striped Underlays with White Overlays
- Centerpieces and Votive Candles for Each Table
Do you have a minimum guest requirement?
We do not have a minimum guest requirement but we do require a food and beverage minimum based on the date and time of the event.
Can you accommodate my wedding ceremony? Is there a separate ceremony fee?
We love holding wedding ceremonies and have multiple ceremony options on our property. There is an additional fee to accommodate the additional time and preparation involved in this service. Our ceremony rate includes:
- 1-hour rehearsal the day before your wedding
- 1½ hours preparation, photography, and guest arrival time prior to your ceremony (additional pre-ceremony time may be added, if available.)
- 30 minutes for the wedding ceremony
- White Garden Chairs
What happens if there is inclement weather?
You may choose to move your ceremony inside at no additional cost (the ceremony must be moved at least 2 hours prior to the ceremony start-time.)
Who will I work with to plan my wedding?
The services of a dedicated Event Specialist are included with every wedding at the Payne-Corley House to give you complete confidence that everything will go according to plan. Your Event Specialist will build a close working relationship with you throughout the planning process and will serve as your trusted “worker bee” on your wedding day to orchestrate all of the details so you can relax and enjoy yourself!
Can I bring my own food or alcohol?
Trust us, there is no need! One of the many unique aspects of the Payne-Corley House is our renowned on-site scratch kitchen. Our award-winning Executive Chef brings more than 20 years of experience to the table in handling all of our catering. We will work closely with you to develop a seasonal menu that reflects your personal tastes and fits your budget. Our licensing also requires that we provide all of the alcohol for your event.
Can I taste the food?
Absolutely! Our clients rave about our tastings. We host two separate tasting events each year, in the fall and winter, for all of our booked weddings. We love this opportunity to show off and spoil our clients! You may bring up to 4 guests at no charge.
If you just want to get a feel for what do, join us at one of our “Sip & See” open house events throughout the year. Come “Sip” champagne and “See” what the Payne-Corley house has to offer.
How many guests can you accommodate?
Our capacity varies based on the dining arrangement for your reception. We can accommodate up to:
- 250 guests for a strolling reception, without a ceremony
- 200 guests for a strolling reception, with a ceremony
- 150 guests for a Buffet Dinner
- 180 guests for a Plated Dinner
Larger events can be accommodated with supplemental tenting.
How do I reserve a date?
Once you have selected a date, we will collect a deposit and secure a signed contract.
What decisions do I need to make before I book?
The only decision you need to make is the date and time of your event. At the time of your booking, we will present you with a detailed estimate and a contract outlining our rental fees and minimum requirements. However, you are free to make adjustments to your estimate and event plan until 2 weeks prior to the event.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.